Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Kraft.
Make and share this Pumpkin Penne recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) box penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot, covering to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Whisk in brother, evaporated milk, pumpkin, spice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Spoon into bowls and top with parsley and cheese.