- 1 (12 ounce) box whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, or, 1/2 t onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot, covering to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat oil on medium. Add shallots, cook until tender. <b>OR</b> add all ingredients, and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Spoon into bowls and top with Parmesan.