Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These yummy scones are perfect to make during fall.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pecan Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl large bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl whisk together egg, pumpkin and milk. Add to crumb mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
I made these a few days ago and was very very pleased with them. I made a couple of changes to suite our needs, I used 50% unbleached white and 50% whole wheat flour white I used 2 tablespoons of Splenda brown blend for the sugar and a third cup of a more heart healthy margarine for the butter. Ok, that's 3 changes but they were still great. The pumpkin in really mild in this recipe that makes beautiful big scones. They also freeze quite well if you don't want to use them all at once.