Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I haven't tried it yet but will have to during the holidays.
Top Review by ChrisF
Very good, moist, dense, but not heavy. I mixed my own pumpkin pie spice. (just click on pimpkin pie spice in the recipe and it will give you the amounts in the mix- Thanks Zaar!)You could get away without the rum glaze/ or substitute your favorite drizzle icing, I think maple flavoring would be good too. Also you could serve warm with ice cream! Very good NurseDi, Thanks.
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 295.73 ml butter, softened,divided
- 354.88 ml sugar, divided
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 425.24 g can pumpkin
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml water
- 29.58-44.37 ml rum (may substitute 1 t. rum extract)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 12-cup tube pan; sprinkle pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, add 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs; beat well to combine.
- Add pumpkin and vanilla; beat well to combine.
- Add flour mixture to batter one-third at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- To make glaze: melt the remainder of the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in the remaining sugar and water; stir and bring to a boil (add more water sparingly if not the consistency you want).
- Remove pan from heat; add in rum; stir to combine.
- Poke holes in cake with a toothpick.
- Pour half the rum mixture over the cake.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the rum mixture over the cake.