1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I haven't tried it yet but will have to during the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened,divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 tablespoons rum (may substitute 1 t. rum extract)
- 1Grease a 12-cup tube pan; sprinkle pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- 3In another large mixing bowl, add 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs; beat well to combine.
- 5Add pumpkin and vanilla; beat well to combine.
- 6Add flour mixture to batter one-third at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 7Pour batter into tube pan.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 9Let cool 10 minutes.
- 10To make glaze: melt the remainder of the butter in a saucepan.
- 11Add in the remaining sugar and water; stir and bring to a boil (add more water sparingly if not the consistency you want).
- 12Remove pan from heat; add in rum; stir to combine.
- 13Poke holes in cake with a toothpick.
- 14Pour half the rum mixture over the cake.
- 15Let stand 5 minutes.
- 16Pour the rest of the rum mixture over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g