1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I haven't tried it yet but will have to during the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened,divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 tablespoons rum (may substitute 1 t. rum extract)
- 1Grease a 12-cup tube pan; sprinkle pecans evenly over the bottom of the pan; set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, add flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- 3In another large mixing bowl, add 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4Add eggs; beat well to combine.
- 5Add pumpkin and vanilla; beat well to combine.
- 6Add flour mixture to batter one-third at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- 7Pour batter into tube pan.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- 9Let cool 10 minutes.
- 10To make glaze: melt the remainder of the butter in a saucepan.
- 11Add in the remaining sugar and water; stir and bring to a boil (add more water sparingly if not the consistency you want).
- 12Remove pan from heat; add in rum; stir to combine.
- 13Poke holes in cake with a toothpick.
- 14Pour half the rum mixture over the cake.
- 15Let stand 5 minutes.
- 16Pour the rest of the rum mixture over the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 343.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g