Recipe by pink cook
This is a delicious cake with a festive taste. Enjoy it.
Top Review by Peacemaking Rebel
This cake was awesome! When I added the pie spices I didn't add cloves but instead did cardamom, and of course included the usual cinnamon and nutmeg. It was moist and just delicious... also I did part of the cake without rum glaze, but instead made a rum, cream cheese and cool whip frosting, sweetened with some agave... either is delicious....
five stars for sure and will be making this again!
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spices (ground)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (or use margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
RUM BUTTER GLAZE
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 tablespoons dark rum (or use 1 teaspoon rum extract instead)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle pecans over bottom.
- Combine flour, ground pumpkin pie spices, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, one third at a time, mixing well after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Make holes in cake with long pick; pour half of glaze over cake. Let stand 5 minutes and invert onto plate.
- Make holes in top of cake; pour remaining glaze over cake and let it cool completely.
- RUM BUTTER GLAZE: melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; stir in brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in dark rum (or rum extract), and glaze over the cake as indicated above.