1 hr 30 mins
pink cook's Note:
This is a delicious cake with a festive taste. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spices (ground)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (or use margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
RUM BUTTER GLAZE
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle pecans over bottom.
- 2Combine flour, ground pumpkin pie spices, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- 3Beat butter, brown sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat well.
- 4Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, one third at a time, mixing well after each addition. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- 6Cool 10 minutes. Make holes in cake with long pick; pour half of glaze over cake. Let stand 5 minutes and invert onto plate.
- 7Make holes in top of cake; pour remaining glaze over cake and let it cool completely.
- 8RUM BUTTER GLAZE: melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; stir in brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil.
- 9Remove from heat; stir in dark rum (or rum extract), and glaze over the cake as indicated above.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pecan Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 344.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: