Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious, very low fat, and full of fiber, protein, and vitamins! These muffins make the whole kitchen smell like pumpkin pie, and they are (almost) as satisfying.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, organic
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk, vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill greased muffin tins (makes twelve muffins).
- Bake for 15-20 min, checking for done-ness after 15 minutes.