Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
From Cooking Light's 1996 Annual Cookbook. This is baked in a 10-inch tube pan and would probably be pretty good with some sort of maple or bourbon glaze. Let me know if you frost or glaze it with anything!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg substitute and beat well.
- Combine pumpkin and bourbon, stirring well. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients; add to margarine mixture alternately with pumpkin mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix after each addition.
- Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon batter over pecans. Bake @ 325 degrees for 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center come out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.