Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I needed to find a variety of recipes for pumpkin pie for coffee after choir practise and ran across this one in "Company's Coming - Pies". Of the four varieties I made, this one was the most popular.
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin, without spices
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell (your favorite recipe)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Lightly beat eggs in a mixing bowl.
- The next 7 ingredients mix together and add to the beaten eggs.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Chops nuts and sprinkle evenly over the pie mixture.
- Bake on bottom rack at 450 degF for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350 degF and bake about 35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted close to the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream or ice cream.
Great pie! It is very easy to make and the addition of the pecans made this simple pumpkin pie a little more special. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out perfectly, didn't have to adjust the cooking time or anything. Thanks for sharing. Made for My 3 Chefs fall 08.