Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
CRUNCHY PECAN TOPPING
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, spices and salt in a bowl mixing well.
- Add the eggs and evaporated milk.
- Beat until smooth, using a rotary beater or an electric mixer.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350 degree and bake for an additional 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and edge comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- CRUNCHY PECAN TOPPING: Place the softened butter, brown sugar, and pecans in a bowl and mix until crumbly with a fork. Sprinkle over the cooled pie. Place the pie under the broiler (5 inches from the heat source) until the mixture begins to bubble, about 1 minute.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
This was delicious and very easy.