Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From a handwritten 1930s cookbook from Neligh Ne; very used on this page of the cookbook.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2 cups milk, recipe says top cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pie shell, unbaked
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Beat eggs and sugars together.
- Add pumpkin.
- Add milk.
- Add flour mixed with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake in hot oven 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to 325 degrees Fahrenheit; bake for 40 minutes.
At first I was worried about the amount of brown sugar, but the end result was great. Ended up with a great flavored fall pie, that was served for lunch along with some ham sandwiches. The cooking time was right on the money. Leftovers will make a nice dessert tonight. Tagged and made for PRMR tag.