Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't made this recipe yet - but thought it sounded good as it combines two of my favorite Thanksgiving pies into one pie. Recipe source: shopper's newsletter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
For the topping
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl beat together eggs and pumpkin.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients (sugar - vanilla).
- Stir in milk.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make topping, in a small bowl combine topping ingredients (butter - pecans). Drop topping by teaspoons on top of pie.
- Broil pie five inches from heat for 3 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble.
The flavor and texture were 5 star all the way. Just wonderful. Will have to work on the topping a bit. I followed the instructions to a T and the result was all the butter overflowed. Thank goodness I had the pie plate on a drip pan. I may decrease the butter and my increase the size of the pie plate to 10 inch and see if that works better for me. Thanks ellie for a wonderful pie.