Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick to prepare and light dessert to serve after that heavy dinner. Great any time of year. Although I haven't tried it I believe that using non-fat cream cheese and whipped topping along with Splenda instead of regular sugar would be a suitable low calorie dessert.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup prepared pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons pecan chips
- caramel topping or dulce de leche
- 1. Place cream cheese unwrapped in medium bowl and allow to come to room temperature (about four hours). Prep time does not include this stage.
- 2. Meanwhile place sugar and pecan chips in blender or food processor and process on high untill sugar is powered and pecan chips are no longer visible.
- 3. At room temperature beat cream cheese until fluffy. Combine with sugar/pecan mixture and continue to beat.
- 4. Add pumpkin and continue to beat until completely combined.
- 5. With spatula fold in whipped topping and fold until completely blended.
- 6. Place in dessert cups and refrigerate for at least one hour. Number of servings is dependant on the size of your cups, I use small drinking glasses.
- 7. Drizzle with barely warm caramel topping and serve.