Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe from the fall magazine of a local grocery store. Think this might hit the spot for Thanksgiving desert this year. This makes 2 pies.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- 18 ounces butter pecan cake mix, divided
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- Stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, spice and eggs in large mixing bowl.
- Pour half the pumpkin mixture in each piecrust.
- Sprinkle half the cake mix over each pie.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans on each pie.
- Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over each pie.
- Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil to keep from over browning during baking.
- Bake pies at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Stir together frosting and cool whip.
- When pies are completely cooled, top each with half the frosting mixture.
- Sprinkle tops with some extra pumpkin pie spice and top with 1/4 cup pecans per pie.
- Refrigerate leftover pie.