1/4 Photos of Pumpkin Pecan Layer Cake
This is a beautiful cake, as well as great tasting. A friend at work made this for a "Bake Off Contest" we had at work. This came in first place. I think it came out of a Land O' Lakes cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl, mix crushed wafers, chopped pecans and 3/4 cup butter.
- 3Beat at medium speed until crumbly; about 2 minutes.
- 4Divide mixture into 3 equal portions.
- 5Press each portion into one of three greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- 6Using the same bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, 1/4 cup butter and eggs.
- 7Beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- 8Spread 1 3/4 cup batter over crumbs in each pan.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 10Cool for about 5 minutes; remove from pans onto cooling racks until cooled completely.
- 11In bowl combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 12Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 13On serving plate, layer 3 cakes (nut side down) with 1/2 cup filling spread between each layer.
- 14Frost SIDES of cake only with remaining frosting.
- 15Spread caramel topping over top of cake, drizzling some over the frosted sides.
- 16Arrange pecan halves in rings on top of cake.
- 17Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pecan Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.5
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 437.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: