1/1 Photo of Pumpkin Pecan Granola
Major homemade granola kick happening at our house right now! Here's another homemade granola recipe for y'all...flavored with pumpkin and pumpkin-y spices! And packed with a little flaxseed punch too! Anyhoo...add this to your list to try later this fall...or whenever you can get your hands on some canned pumpkin. I used my last can that I'd stockpiled last year to make this! Perfect in a bowl with milk, on top of plain or vanilla yogurt or just as it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups traditional oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flax seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and extract.
- 3In larger mixing bowl, toss together the 2 kinds of oats (I use both kinds because I find it clumps better, as the littler oats can get into the "Crevices" of the bigger oats -- making nice clumps!), brown sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- 4Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the oat mixture and combine until all the oats are covered in the pumpkin mixture.
- 5Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then gently toss and mix in the pecans and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- 7Stir in the raisins or other dried fruit after it has cooled some on a cooling rack.
- 8Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Beyond a week, I recommend storing in a plastic container or freezer baggie in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 9Serve Pumpkin Pecan Granola as is, over yogurt or with milk.
- 10P.S. You could certainly eliminate the brown sugar and up the maple syrup to 1/4 cup if you prefer!
- 11P.P.S. I used whole flaxseeds. If you wanted to grind them before mixing them in, that'll work too!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pecan Granola
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g