Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Best dump cake recipe ever. So good, so easy, and makes everyone swoon!
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (or spice)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans (or other nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9X13 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix first set of ingredients. Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Gently press with spoon then sprinkle on nuts. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool as long as you can before stuffing yourself silly.
Very easy to make and simply delicious.
I used Pillsbury's sugar-free yellow cake mix and fat-free evaporated milk, as well as Splenda instead of sugar. I had to cook it longer to get the cake to set (probably because of the changes I made). The end result has a nice fluffy texture, great taste and isn't too sweet. I had one piece and am taking the rest to work. I know all my coworkers are going to enjoy this cake. Made for My 3 Chefs October 2013.