Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
In the fall, I love pumpkin anything. It sets the mood for me for raking leaves, hay rides, and hot apple cider. This pumpkin dessert was something I came up with one night when I didn't have any pie filling to make a dump cake. SOOOO...I got creative. I hope you like this as much as I do.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the dry cake mix and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Invert onto a large serving platter. Carefully remove paper or foil.