It's the crunchy layer of pecans and the toasty flavor of pumpkin pie spice that make this easy, creamy dessert so satisfying. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. This dessert can be made ahead, cooled completely and covered, Refrigerate overnight. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugars, 5 tsp, of the pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt in large bowl until well blended. Pour into 13x9-inch baking pan which has been sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix and remaining 1 tsp, pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl with wire whisk, sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle evenly with melted butter.
- Bake 50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with whipped cream. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator. To serve, cut into squares with a sharp knife.
We used this for my mother-in-laws 94th birthday party. It was loved by all. Made for Name that Ingredient in honor of Pammyowl.