Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From "Home Cooking" magazine, this is an easy little pie for the beginner, and a nice way to make baking for the holiday dinners easier.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 18 3⁄4 ounces white cake mix or 18 3⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Stir together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Scatter dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until it tests done. Cool completely and refrigerate.
This a great, easy idea. I love that it makes a much bigger "pie". Also, the crispy topping adds that extra something, I really like the creamy and crispy together. I did have a problem with the pecans almost burning, I think it you added them after 20 minutes of cooking or mixing it with the cake mix before putting it on the pie. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs fall 08.