Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A delicious alternative to the traditional Pumpkin Pie at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 118.29 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 73.94 ml butter, chilled
- 354.88 ml chopped pecans
- 354.88 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 177.44 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 3 (680.38 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml clove
- For topping: Place sugar in small bowl; add butter and cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in pecans and set aside.
- For cheesecake: Blend crumbs, ¼ cup sugarand butter in bowl.
- Press into bottom and up sides of 9 inch diameter springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (165C).
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in white and brown sugars.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until fluffy.
- Blend in pumpkin, cream and spices.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake until centre no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 1 ½ hours.
- Sprinkle topping over cheesecake.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- (can be prepared 2 days before serving).
The best of both worlds! Yummy!
It looks and sounds like the recipie I had on the Detroit Princess on October 15, 2005! if it is it is the best ever! Thank you. # 173052
Absolutely the BEST Pumpkin Cheesecake I've ever tasted! It was definately worth the extra effort to make. I made for 12 of my friends and they all LOVED it and want the recipe. YUMMY!!!!!!