Recipe by beckerd
I found this recipe in an old candy cookbook. If your looking for something a little different and not made with chocolate, then this is a good recipe to try.
Top Review by StickyToffee
I had some leftover coconut and pumpkin, so made 1/4 of this recipe. It was easy but a bit tedious to constantly stir, so put on the radio or watch TV. It's vegan since no animal products are used.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked pumpkin (15 oz can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, coconut, and pumpkin in a heavy medium saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and forms a ball, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the cooked mixture into a bowl and set aside to cool. Cover the surface with plastic wrap or wax paper to avoid a skin forming.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon of the mixture into balls between your palms. Roll the balls in the chpped pecans.
- Store the candies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
- VARIATION:Pumpkin Pie Pecan Candy-Add 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of ground cloves before cooking the pumpkin.
- NOTE: I wasn't sure on the number of servings.you may get more or less.