Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You've had apple butter, now try something even better! Goes well with just about any holiday dinner.
- Measure pumpkin, pecans and pumpkin pie spice into 6- or 8-quart sauce pan.
- Prepare jars; keep lids hot until ready to fill jars.
- Measure sugar into separate bowl.
- Stir fruit pectin into pumpkin mixture.
- Add butter.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in sugar.
- Return to rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads; cover with two-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly; place jars in hot water.
- Boil in water bath for 5 minutes for 8-oz jars.
Fantastic! And super easy too! After looking at the $10.95 price tag at William Sonoma I said to myself "I could make that!" and surprising I actually did this time. This recipe is easy and straightforward. I halved it and it still turned out. The only change I made was to add a little bit of ground cloves with the pumpkin spice. I am making a full batch again tonight.
This recipe was very easy, however, I thought it needs more spice and less sugar. I will try it again and decrease the sugar by half a cup, increase the pumpkin one half a cup and the spice by another one half to one tablespoon.
This is the easiest version of this recipe I have ever tried. It is a fantastic versatile recipe. Try it on Vanilla Ice Cream; or bake and mash some sweet potatoes and stir this in. What ever you do, just try it.