Recipe by Felix4067
You've had apple butter, now try something even better! Goes well with just about any holiday dinner.
Top Review by MrsFlogerzi
Fantastic! And super easy too! After looking at the $10.95 price tag at William Sonoma I said to myself "I could make that!" and surprising I actually did this time. This recipe is easy and straightforward. I halved it and it still turned out. The only change I made was to add a little bit of ground cloves with the pumpkin spice. I am making a full batch again tonight.
- 3 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 box surejell fruit pectin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarine or 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure pumpkin, pecans and pumpkin pie spice into 6- or 8-quart sauce pan.
- Prepare jars; keep lids hot until ready to fill jars.
- Measure sugar into separate bowl.
- Stir fruit pectin into pumpkin mixture.
- Add butter.
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in sugar.
- Return to rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops.
- Wipe jar rims and threads; cover with two-piece lids.
- Screw bands tightly; place jars in hot water.
- Boil in water bath for 5 minutes for 8-oz jars.