Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Add the ingredients to the bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Select the basic white bread cycle. Makes 16 servings.
Wonderful basic recipe! It was a bit bland on its own. The second time we made it, we doubled the sugar and salt, and added 1c chocolate chips. I made the dough in the bread machine and baked it in a braid in the oven (340F for 43 min). To distribute the choc chips evenly, I divided the dough into 3 even snakes, then pressed/kneaded in 1/3 of the choc chips to each snake. Amazing! Too bad my bread machine isn't big enough for a larger loaf.
I love this pumpkin bread recipe for breakfast, toasted with a dab of cream cheese spread on it! Nummmy... and so easy to make in the bread machine!
I was actually looking for a more cakey bread but this is a great bread to serve with eggs and bacon. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar. THIS BREAD MAKES KILLER FRENCH TOAST! Like something you would get at a fancy Bed & Breakfast. Thanks! YaYa