Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from Country Door Magazine. I have not made it but I am posting it because I do not want to lose it. I will be making it soon....LOVE pumpkin bread but this recipe has whole wheat flour and of course I will be using applesauce instead of oil.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the eggs, pumpkin, oil, water and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into loaf pans (see note below) and bake for 55 to 60n minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes; remove from pans and cool ncompletely on rack.
- NOTE: Combine 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tsp brown sugar and 1/2 tsp nutmeg and sprinkle over loaves prior to baking, if desired.