Top Review by Chandra M
This was excellent! I halved the recipe and used Recipe #184985. I especially liked that it was not as gooey and dense as most fruit nut breads and was more bread like in texture. I'll be making another one for this weekend's breakfast for sure!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Libby's canned pumpkin
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- CREAM butter,granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pecans in small bowl.
- Add to pumpkin mixture; mix just until blended.
- SPOON into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2X4 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- BAKE in preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire racks.