Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tasty bread makes a delicious addition to any breakfast pastry assortment.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup old fashiled rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, plus
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Brush a 12 X 4 inch loaf pan with melted butter and dust lightly with flour, or spray generously with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, sugar, bakind soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, vinegar, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in the rolled oats and 3/4 cup of the pecans. Spread into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of nuts. Bake 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes before removing from the pan.