Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this one time in search of pumpkin recipes on the internet. Since there was a request...here's something different!
- Sauté the pear and onion in butter over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the onions are translucent.
- You also want the pears tender.
- Blend pear mixture and pumpkin in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer to a large saucepan where you will add the broth, water, wine, cinnamon, salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Remove cinnamon stick and stir in the cream.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- You may garnish with a dab of sour cream topped with thin strips of green onion.
Quite enjoyed this soup, the pears certainly make a difference to the flavour. I did add about 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder to the soup. Thanks for the recipe.
Made this beautiful soup for a surprise birthday party for a girlfriend - 15 of us! Unusual and very pleasant combination of flavours, a very light and much enjoyed soup.