Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a rich, delicious, fruity muffin with a perfect melding of Fall fruits and pumpkin.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pear Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pear, peeled cored, and diced
- 1 small apple, peeled cored, and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, and applesauce in a mixer bowl and beat just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- Add pumpkin/applesauce mixture to dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Fold in cranberries, apple and pear chunks and pecans.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins or papers.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes (check at 30).