Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from the Libby's website, though it sounded great and interesting, like something I would like! Have not tried it yet.
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Combine pumpkin and peanut butter in small bowl until well blended. Makes 1 cup.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pumpkin peanut butter spread on each slice. Top two slices with banana slices. Top each with second slice of bread to make sandwiches.
- Refrigerate leftover pumpkin peanut butter spread in tightly covered container for up to 5 days.
- TIP: Sandwiches can also be made with pita bread, English muffins or tortillas. The pumpkin peanut butter spread is also good on crackers or with celery sticks.
This is one of the things I eat when I have a sweets craving...I use all the same ingredients except i add honey and cinnamon over top of the bananas.
Delish! I love that this uses two of my favorite things. :) I used natural crunchy peanut butter, but added a little pumpkin pie spice for some extra zazz and it was delicious spread on toasted English muffins. I imagine it'd also be good on some toasted wheat bread with bananas and cinnamon. One of my fave spreads now!
5 stars for being an original. I never would have thought of these flavor combinations on my own. They really do work and I love the taste. I toasted a piece of multi-grain bread and spread it with the pumpkin/p.b. combo. Then sliced u p 1/2 banana and sprinkled with a blend of flaxseed, cinnamon, and brownsugar that I keep on hand. Perfect. Thanks vitalev. Made for I Recommend Tag Game~