Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
If you're tired of the usual pumpkin pie, try this one! It's a less dense, higher pie, flavored with Southern Comfort and peanut butter. This recipe is from a '96 issue of Bon Appetit.
- 1 (10 inch) pie crusts
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place dough in 10-inch glass pie pan, leaving 1/2 inch overhang. Crimp edges, forming 1/2 inch decorative border. Cover; chill 30 minutes.
- Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, and peanut butter in large bowl. Blend in eggs 1 at a time. Stir in half and half, Southern Comfort, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate.).
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Pour filling into prepared shell. Bake 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Continue baking until filling is set and uniformly puffed, about 50 minutes. Transfer pie to rack and cool completely.