Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a perfect Autumn soup. This soup includes sweet potato and apple butter along with the pumpkin and peanut butter. Satisfying and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup apple butter
- 4 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup cream
- Melt butter in dutch oven. Add chopped onion and cook 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree sweet potatoes and 1 cup broth together until smooth. (if using canned sweet potatoes, drain and rinse before blending.).
- Over medium high heat, add remaining broth, sweet potato mixture, pumpkin, apple butter, peanut butter and orange juice into the soup pot.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, remove from heat and add milk or cream.
I made this for tag and to use up some apple butter. This turned out too sweet for us. It is very thick, which I don't mind, and easy to make. I used my stick blender to puree the sweet potatoes. It might have been more to our taste without the apple butter, but that defeats my original purpose. :)