Golf Gal's Note:
The Pumpkin Peach Trifle has canned pumpkin added to a basic yellow-cake-mix layered with a combination of fresh sliced peaches and apples. Jell-O has provided us with even more variety than our moms had when they first served this popular treat because now you can buy cheese cake and even pumpkin-spice Jell-O pudding to alternate with the traditional vanilla pudding for added flavor. The beauty of the English trifle is that there are no rules, so use the fruit that you like and combine any way you want. This year, spice up an old favorite with Pumpkin Peach Trifle Recipe from Jan D' Atri AZ. Republic Newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes jell-o vanilla pudding mix (cook & Serve)
- 4 -5 large apples, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 4 -5 large yellow peaches, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chucks
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brandy (optional) or 1/4 cup peach brandy (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium large saucepan, combine fruit, sugar, cinnamon, salt and brandy.
- 3Simmer fruit until soft, about 10 minutes.
- 4Mean while, prepare cake mix as directed adding one cup of pumpkin to the cake batter, mixing well.
- 5Pour equally into three 8-inch pie tins.(If using an 8-inch round instead of pie tins, slice cake into three layers when cooled).
- 6If using tins, bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7If using 8-inch rounds, bake according to package instruction.
- 8Prepare pudding according to package instructions and set aside.
- 9To assemble, place first cake layer in a trifle bowl.
- 10Add a layer, (about 3/4-inch thick) of fruit mixture.
- 11Spoon one third of the pudding on top of the fruit layer.
- 12Add second cake layer and repeat directs.
- 13Top with third cake layer and repeat process, ending with pudding.
- 14Decorate top of trifle with cooked slices of fruit, whipped cream or both.
- 15Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- 16Spoon into dessert bowls or parfait glasses.
- 17Serves with dollop of whipped cream.
- 18Serves approximately eight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin PeachTrifle
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 802.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 80.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g