Recipe by Missy Wombat
This comes courtesy of Lowan Whole Foods and is a great way to use up that extra piece of cooked pumpkin or pumpkin puree.
Top Review by Aussie mum 2_2
Made these the other day and they turned out so yummmmmmmy. I didn't have all the different flours so used just plain white, it turned out fine. Cooked them a couple of ways to see how they turned out, put some in the oven with a little oil and fried the others, both turned out good. Froze some as well and just defrosted one and ate it with tomato sauce, delicious. Will make again, my brothers a veggie he will love them.
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 150 g tasty cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup gluten flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Heat a frypan lightly greased with olive oil over medium heat.
- Shape the mixture ino balls.
- Place in the frypan and gently flatten into patties.
- Fry for 5-10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread rolls.