A moist, flavorful coffeecake that has a beautiful presentation. My co-workers BEG for it! :) (Please don't be alarmed by the long list of ingredients - I found that these are common ingredients I normally have on hand!) From clabbergirl.com.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup gingersnap cookie, ground
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (confectioners')
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- To prepare streusel topping:.
- Combine the first six ingredients; cut in butter (3T) until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter (1/2c) and sugar (1c).
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Spoon half the batter into the bottom of a 9-inch greased springform pan.
- Spread applesauce evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle half the streusel over applesauce, then spoon remaining batter over this.
- Top with the other half of the streusel mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
- To prepare Glaze:.
- Combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and hot water.
- Drizzle Glaze over cooled cake.