Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This is from Taste of Home... I love pumpkin bread, it's so good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, spices and baking powder; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan to a wire rack to cool.
PICK YOUR CHEF November 2004: Like Peggy Lynn, I was on a quest for the perfect pumpkin bread! This is a tasty bread, but not quite what I was expecting. I like my pumpkin bread a little spicier and a little nuttier. It also came out lighter than most breads, almost like a cake. Followed the recipe to a "T", so I guess it's just a matter of taste! Would definitely appeal to people who enjoy a lighter bread. Thanks for posting.
Very good!Dense,Spicy&Yummy~I'm kind of on a quest for the perfect pumpkin bread~i'd say this is in the top three~bout 60 mins in a glass loaf pan was my cook time. I didn't change a thing other than that.PeggyLynn