Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Woman's Day Magazine
Top Review by Chef on the coast
First off, sorry about the double picture post. These were super yummy! I did make them bigger than the 3 inch suggestion so they would be easier to work with. I also used homemade pie crust instead of store -bought. Personal preferance. We also went with grated cheese with seemed to work out better. These went over really well at my house. One of the boys wants them for breakfast sometime. lol My sister thinks some chopped up broccoli would be really tasty to add as well. Thanks for a keeper! Made for the June 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
- 425.24 g box refrigerated pie crusts
- 170.09 g black forest ham or 170.09 g virginia ham, sliced
- 226.79 g sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese or 226.79 g sliced swiss cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
- On work surface, unroll pie crust and cut each of the two crusts into 12 pumpkin shapes with a 3-in. pumpkin cookie cutter.
- Using a 2-in. round cutter, cut 24 rounds from the sliced ham and 24 rounds from the sliced Cheddar.
- Put 2 slices each ham and Cheddar in the center of each of 12 pumpkins.
- With a small brush, brush beaten egg around edges.
- Top with remaining pumpkins, carefully pressing on edges to seal.
- Using a spoon, make ridges on pumpkins by pressing into tops in a few places.
- With a small knife, pierce ridges in a couple of places to vent.
- Place on prepared pan.
- Brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light golden.
- Let cool on rack a couple of minutes before serving.