Having made this one yet, but being a "yooper" who loves pasties, this sounds intriguing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place oven rack in center of oven and heat to 375.
- 2Thaw one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough for about 30 minutes, until flexible but still cold.
- 3Combine pumpkin, sugar and spices in a bowl.
- 4Set aside while preparing dough.
- 5Roll out dough until thin, about 1/16-inch, and cut into four large circles.
- 6Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, brush around edges of each circle with beaten egg.
- 7Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin mixture into centers of circles.
- 8Fold circles in half to cover mixture and seal the edges by crimping with a fork (dip fork in cold water each time to keep from sticking.) Brush tops of pasties with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with a little granulated sugar.
- 9Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes in the center of oven until golden.
- 10May be eaten warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pasties
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.1
- Calories from Fat 433
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 481.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 11.2 g