Recipe by yooper
Having made this one yet, but being a "yooper" who loves pasties, this sounds intriguing!
Top Review by Heartspell
I used premade pie crusts instead of puff pastry...didn't have on hand and I used fresh pumpkin that I had in the freezer. These were so easy to make and all I can say is YUM! I can't wait to make them for my mom...she's a pumpkin pie nut! I think she'll like these even more. I want to try making this with Splenda or Splena Blend to see how it comes out...will let you know! Thanks soooo much for this recipe!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten,to use for an egg wash on pastry dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oven rack in center of oven and heat to 375.
- Thaw one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough for about 30 minutes, until flexible but still cold.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Set aside while preparing dough.
- Roll out dough until thin, about 1/16-inch, and cut into four large circles.
- Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, brush around edges of each circle with beaten egg.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin mixture into centers of circles.
- Fold circles in half to cover mixture and seal the edges by crimping with a fork (dip fork in cold water each time to keep from sticking.) Brush tops of pasties with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with a little granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes in the center of oven until golden.
- May be eaten warm or cold.