Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Having made this one yet, but being a "yooper" who loves pasties, this sounds intriguing!
Make and share this Pumpkin Pasties recipe from Food.com.
- Place oven rack in center of oven and heat to 375.
- Thaw one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough for about 30 minutes, until flexible but still cold.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Set aside while preparing dough.
- Roll out dough until thin, about 1/16-inch, and cut into four large circles.
- Using your fingertips or a pastry brush, brush around edges of each circle with beaten egg.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin mixture into centers of circles.
- Fold circles in half to cover mixture and seal the edges by crimping with a fork (dip fork in cold water each time to keep from sticking.) Brush tops of pasties with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with a little granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes in the center of oven until golden.
- May be eaten warm or cold.
I used premade pie crusts instead of puff pastry...didn't have on hand and I used fresh pumpkin that I had in the freezer. These were so easy to make and all I can say is YUM! I can't wait to make them for my mom...she's a pumpkin pie nut! I think she'll like these even more. I want to try making this with Splenda or Splena Blend to see how it comes out...will let you know! Thanks soooo much for this recipe!
These were a huge hit at my daughters Halloween Party. I will be making these again, and I might actually use an apple pie filling in some next time. I also didn't want to spring for puff pastry so I used the premade pie crusts. Excellent!! Thanks yooper for a great recipe!!
I didn't want to spring for the puff pastry so I used pie dough I made at home. I cut out circles with one of those cut and seal pastry makers. These were, hands down, the biggest hit among my daughters teenage friends at her Harry Potter book release party. I'm sure I'll make them again just for fun.