My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 113.39 g shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken stock
- 396.89 g can pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml cream
- 29.58-44.37 ml thinly sliced fresh sage
- 2.46 ml freshly ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon (a pinch)
- 340.19-453.59 g penne or 340.19-453.59 g cellantani pasta
- grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 59.14 ml finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a deep skillet over med-high heat; add in olive oil and sausage.
- 3Brown the sausage and crumble it with a wooden spoon.
- 4Move the sausage to one side of the pan; add in the mushrooms, garlic, and onion to the other side of the pan.
- 5Cook until the mushrooms brown, then season with salt and pepper.
- 6Combine the sausage and veggies; deglaze the pan with the wine.
- 7Add in the chicken stock; heat for 1 minute.
- 8Stir in the pumpkin; it will be thick; stir in the cream, sage, nutmeg, and cinnamon; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; reduce heat to low.
- 9Add salt and pasta to the boiling water; cook until al dente.
- 10Drain the pasta well and add it to the pumpkin mixture; top with cheese and chives.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pasta With Sausage and Wild Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.2
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 753.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g