Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the current issue of Clean Eating magazine. It looks like a unique and yummy sauce! I imagine one could leave out the meat with success, or sub in some TVP or soy crumbles to make this a veg delight!
- 13 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (I'll probably add more!)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 10 ounces spaghetti sauce, low fat
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Brown the ground turkey and add onion and garlic. Add carrots, tomato, and zucchini and saute 3-5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, pumpkin, and pasta sauce (add water here if the sauce is too thick). Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and remove the pan from heat. Allow the cream cheese to melt, then mix the pasta into the sauce.
- Allow the dish to stand 2 minutes before serving.