This is from the current issue of Clean Eating magazine. It looks like a unique and yummy sauce! I imagine one could leave out the meat with success, or sub in some TVP or soy crumbles to make this a veg delight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2Brown the ground turkey and add onion and garlic. Add carrots, tomato, and zucchini and saute 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add red pepper, pumpkin, and pasta sauce (add water here if the sauce is too thick). Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- 4Add the cream cheese and remove the pan from heat. Allow the cream cheese to melt, then mix the pasta into the sauce.
- 5Allow the dish to stand 2 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pasta Surprise--Clean Eating
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 336.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers