Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for fall. Adapted from Southern Living.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 453.59 g rotini pasta, cooked
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1360.77 g peeled pumpkin, chopped
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml ground nutmeg (add this to taste; I am very sensitive to the taste of nutmeg)
- 158.51 ml whipping cream
- Toss cooked pasta and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the leek and celery; stir/saute until tender.
- Add in pumpkin; saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in salt, pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- Process mixture in a blender until smooth (can use a stick blender); return mixture to the saucepan.
- Add in the cream; cook over low heat and stir often until well heated.
- Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
I am VERY pleased with this recipe! I had lots of pureed fresh pumpkin, and was looking for something for it other than pies. I'm so glad I chose this recipe. It's mild, yet very tasty. I used most of the cheese in the sauce and just reserved maybe 1/4 cup. Your "pumpkin-haters" will not know it is pumpkin. Kids will eat it! I'm glad I have some frozen pumpkin, so I can enjoy this again even after pumpkin season. Thanx for posting!