1/2 Photos of Pumpkin Pasta
2 hrs 30 mins
Perfect for fall. Adapted from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 453.59 g rotini pasta, cooked
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1360.77 g peeled pumpkin, chopped
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 2.46 ml salt (or to taste)
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml ground nutmeg (add this to taste; I am very sensitive to the taste of nutmeg)
- 158.51 ml whipping cream
- 1Toss cooked pasta and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; set aside.
- 2Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add in the leek and celery; stir/saute until tender.
- 4Add in pumpkin; saute 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add broth; bring to a boil; cover, lower heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Add in salt, pepper, and nutmeg; stir to combine.
- 7Process mixture in a blender until smooth (can use a stick blender); return mixture to the saucepan.
- 8Add in the cream; cook over low heat and stir often until well heated.
- 9Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 766.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 20.9 g