Cooking Light Jan 2009. Serve with a vegetable stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 3/8 ounces whole wheat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large egg whites, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Combine pumpkin, yogurt, and 1 egg white, stirring with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 4Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times with floured hands. Pat dough into an 8-inch circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 5Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting into but not through dough. Brush remaining 1 egg white over top of dough. Sprinkle dough with cheese and pumpkinseeds, pressing lightly to adhere.
- 6Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden. Slice scones along score lines with a serrated knife. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Parmesan Scones
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 301.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g