Recipe by Scruffers
This is so delectable...what else can I say!? I love pumpkin!
Top Review by nascarmom
This is a recipe that I have been eating for 35 years. A family tradition. Although, I use white sugar instead of brown in the graham cracker crust. Will try the brown next time. This is one of my most requested desserts to bring to potluck dinners, etc. Perfect blend of pumpkin and ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whipped cream or 1 cup Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham crumbs, 1/4 cup brown sugar and melted butter together.
- press into a 9" square cake pan.
- combine pumpkin, the 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt, the one tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl.
- Fold in softened ice cream.
- pour mixture into pan and cover.
- freeze 4-6 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- cut into squares.
- serve each square with a dollop of whipped topping using the 1/4 tsp cinnamon, sprinkle each square with a bit.
- Ta Da!
- Eat and enjoy!
- Very appealing looking dessert!