Recipe by MTpockets
I had some leftover pumpkin I needed to use up so I made these. They turned out so good I had to share! Original recipe from Nestle but I tweaked it a little to suit my tastes and the ingredients I had on hand.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Pumpkin maple syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt and mix until blended.
- In another bowl combine milk, pumpkin, apple butter, water, egg and oil and blend well.
- Grease and heat griddle over low-medium heat.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and blend until moistened but still lumpy.
- Let batter sit 3-5 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter (for each pancake) onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form and edges begin to look dry.
- Flip pancakes and cook until both sides are brown (they will brown more than regular pancakes due to the pumpkin and apple butter).
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- For Pumpkin Maple Syrup:.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan until warm and serve immediately with pancakes.