This is an Autumn treat for pumpkin lovers! I found the recipe on Meals.com, although I added my own touches. If you use soy milk, it's dairy-free!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk or 1 3⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (such as Libby's)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Pumpkin Maple Sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- To make Pumpkin Maple Sauce: Heat maple syrup, pumpkin, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice in small saucepan until warm; cover and set aside.
- To make pancakes: Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl.
- Combine milk, pumpkin, egg and vegetable oil in small bowl; mix well.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst.
- Turn and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes; repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with prepared Pumpkin Maple Sauce.