Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Big Book of Breakfast, 2003, by Maryana Vollstedt.
Make and share this Pumpkin Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, place the dry ingredients (flour through salt) and whisk them together to combine well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, pumpkin, egg YOLKS, melted butter, and vanilla). Add wet pumpkin mixture to dry flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, best the egg whites until peaks form. Fold into pumpkin batter.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet on medium-high heat, then lightly spray or brush with vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on to griddle for each pancake and cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the other side, another minute or two.