Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great anytime, but especially good in the fall or during holiday season. I like to serve with maple syrup, but feel free to use your favorite topping! Cooking time depends on the size of your griddle or frying pan!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed (may use canned)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Sift together the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, water, and oil. Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until well blended.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Turn the pancakes when the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges look cooked. Serve the pancakes immediately.
I love many a pumpkin goodies and these pumpkin pancakes sure fit the bill. They pare really well with maple syrup and a smear of butter over the top. They puff up nicely and have a tender crumb (as long as you don't over beat them). These will be added to my Do Again file. Made it for FYC tag game. Thank you Breezermom for sharing.
Excellent pancakes, very filling -- DH could eat only 4! Love the pumpkin flavor, glad DH got some vitamins with his maple syrup. Made for Best of 2013 tag, based on the recommendation of diner524.
Excellent pancakes!!! This is the 2nd time I have made/eaten pumpkin flavored pancakes and these were even better then I remember the 1st time. I made 1/2 of the recipe and made a few for my breakfast and then froze the rest of the batter for later. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football!!!! Congrats!