Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the blog of Sugarcrafter
Make and share this Pumpkin Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin, and eggs. Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on to a hot, buttered griddle. Cook for a couple minutes before flipping to cook the other side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Such amazing pumpkin pancakes!!! Will make again and again! :)
What a nice change to regular pancakes! I followed the recipe exactly, using 2% milk, and the result what thick hearty pancakes. Definitely turn down the heat and cook these slowly as they won't be cooked through if you cook them to fast. I made a single batch and got 9 dollar roll size pancakes. I served them, as suggested, with butter and maple syrup. Yum!
Made a double batch of your pancakes (I'm one of those who also likes 'em cold, rolled up for dipping in something sweet!) & they were very, very nice! Used the buttermilk version ~ Ummm, yes! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]