- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin, and eggs. Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on to a hot, buttered griddle. Cook for a couple minutes before flipping to cook the other side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup.